java/62837: linux-sun-jdk14 executables hang with COMPAT_LINUX in the the kernel.

Jonathan Belson jon at witchspace.com
Tue Nov 23 10:00:50 GMT 2004

The following reply was made to PR java/62837; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: "Jonathan Belson" <jon at witchspace.com>
To: freebsd-gnats-submit at FreeBSD.org
Cc: chris at vindaloo.com, freebsd-java at freebsd.org
Subject: Re: java/62837: linux-sun-jdk14 executables hang with COMPAT_LINUX
     in the the kernel.
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2004 09:54:40 -0000 (GMT)

 I've just had a similar problem, but I think the kernel option in question
 is _KPOSIX_PRIORITY_SCHEDULING, not COMPAT_LINUX.  Adding that option my
 local config and rebuilding made the issue go away.  In the meantime, maybe
 applying the following patch would save other people a few hours:

 *** pkg-message.orig    Tue Nov 23 09:50:03 2004
 --- pkg-message Tue Nov 23 09:52:20 2004
 ***************
   kldload linprocfs
   mount /compat/linux/proc

 + If the java executables hang with a VM error, try adding the
 + option _KPOSIX_PRIORITY_SCHEDULING to your kernel config (if it isn't
 + there already) and rebuilding.
 +

 Cheers,

 --Jon