java/62837: linux-sun-jdk14 executables hang with COMPAT_LINUX in the the kernel.

Jonathan Belson jon at witchspace.com
Tue Nov 23 09:54:46 GMT 2004

I've just had a similar problem, but I think the kernel option in question
is _KPOSIX_PRIORITY_SCHEDULING, not COMPAT_LINUX.  Adding that option my
local config and rebuilding made the issue go away.  In the meantime, maybe
applying the following patch would save other people a few hours:

*** pkg-message.orig    Tue Nov 23 09:50:03 2004
--- pkg-message Tue Nov 23 09:52:20 2004
***************
  kldload linprocfs
  mount /compat/linux/proc

+ If the java executables hang with a VM error, try adding the
+ option _KPOSIX_PRIORITY_SCHEDULING to your kernel config (if it isn't
+ there already) and rebuilding.
+

Cheers,

--Jon