general question about java port PRs

Herve Quiroz herve.quiroz at esil.univ-mrs.fr
Tue May 18 04:51:53 PDT 2004

I agree with that: only use the Java category for JDK issues. I still
have a problem to decide whether a PR related to bsd.java.mk should be
sent in 'java' or 'ports'.

Anyway, I have decided sometime ago to submit everything related to
ports in 'ports', unless it is identified as a 'java' issue, i.e. an
issue that shoud be discussed on freebsd-java@ (such as bsd.java.mk
stuff, JAR location...).

I think you're right to wonder about that Mark, because we are probably
doing wrong only because of the lack of an established (and published)
policy.

BTW, maybe this decision should be notified in the Java section of the
porter's handbook so Java porters know what to do with their PRs.

Herve