java plugin not using cookies any more?

Georg-W. Koltermann gwk at rahn-koltermann.de
Fri Jun 25 14:23:31 PDT 2004

Am Mo, den 21.06.2004 schrieb freebsd at rahn-koltermann.de um 10:40:
> Hi,
>
> a while back I noticed that in mozilla 1.(4,5? don't recall which)
> I could not use our Niku time tracking tool any more.  The applet
> would report a connection error just as if I wasn't logged on. My
> interpretation was that the applet for some reason was not using
> the cookies that I got at the preceeding (form base) login.

Forget me, sorry.  I was actually loading a local HTML file that I had
hacked, and inserted <BASE href="...originalurl...">.  It was with this
file when the browser/plugin did not transmit the cookies to
...originalurl...

It works fine for pages that are actually loaded from the server, just
not when a local file:///... is loaded that points the nested relative
URLs at the server.   So probably just a little tighter checking on when
to give out the cookies, very reasonable.

--
Grüße,
Georg.