eclipse3 RC2 port

Greg Lewis glewis at eyesbeyond.com
Tue Jun 15 17:18:19 GMT 2004

On Wed, Jun 16, 2004 at 01:41:04AM +0900, Norikatsu Shigemura wrote:
> On Tue, 15 Jun 2004 10:33:45 -0600
> Greg Lewis <glewis at eyesbeyond.com> wrote:
> > > # make deinstall
> > > # find /usr -newer timestamp
> > > /usr/local/eclipse3
> > Since you're just updating the eclipse port, we may as well keep the
> > installed files in /usr/local/eclipse don't you think?
>
> 	I think so.  I'll change $PREFIX/eclipse3 to $PREFIX/eclipse.

Thanks.

> 	Ah, how about eclipse's plugins problem?

I don't know what the problems are so I can't comment :(.

> 	May I commit to java/eclipse-devel without repocopy?  And
> 	if eclipse3 will be released, then java/eclipse will be
> 	updated and java/eclipse-devel will be removed.  Do you think?

Usually a repo copy is in order for a -devel port.  I suggest at this point
we should:

1. Repo-copy eclipse to eclipse-devel.
2. Commit the 3.0RC2 port to eclipse-devel.
3. Figure out what to do with the eclipse sub ports (e.g. eclipse-gef)
   when we update eclipse to 3.0 and figure out whatever the plugin
   problems are.

Sorry to be making more work :(.
Greg Lewis                          Email   : glewis at eyesbeyond.com