eclipse3 RC2 port

Jeremy Faulkner gldisater at gldis.ca
Tue Jun 15 17:50:37 GMT 2004

Greg Lewis wrote:
| On Wed, Jun 16, 2004 at 01:41:04AM +0900, Norikatsu Shigemura wrote:

|>>Since you're just updating the eclipse port, we may as well keep the
|>>installed files in /usr/local/eclipse don't you think?
|>
|>	I think so.  I'll change $PREFIX/eclipse3 to $PREFIX/eclipse.
|

| Thanks.
|

|>	Ah, how about eclipse's plugins problem?
|

| I don't know what the problems are so I can't comment :(.
|

|>	May I commit to java/eclipse-devel without repocopy?  And
|>	if eclipse3 will be released, then java/eclipse will be
|>	updated and java/eclipse-devel will be removed.  Do you think?
|

| Usually a repo copy is in order for a -devel port.  I suggest at this
point
| we should:
|
| 1. Repo-copy eclipse to eclipse-devel.
| 2. Commit the 3.0RC2 port to eclipse-devel.
| 3. Figure out what to do with the eclipse sub ports (e.g. eclipse-gef)
|    when we update eclipse to 3.0 and figure out whatever the plugin
|    problems are.
|
| Sorry to be making more work :(.

http://dev.eclipse.org/viewcvs/index.cgi/~checkout~/org.eclipse.platform.doc.isv/porting/eclipse_3_0_porting_guide.html

The Eclipse plugins need to be updated to use the 3.0 versions. Most of
the major plugins have been following 3.0 development and have
maintained a 3.0 version of their plugin. In some cases it would be more
accurate to say they have followed 3.0 and maintained their 2.1 plugin
version.

- --
Jeremy Faulkner				http://www.gldis.ca