Jboss startup Error- Can anyone help?

Henry henry at ci2networks.com
Tue Jun 15 02:48:52 GMT 2004

Hi,

Has anyone run into this problem?

Ive installed Jboss 3.2.3 on FreeBSD 5.2.1.

When I start jboss, I get the following error over and over again in the
output, and more down the page but I think that the "IPv4 mapped usage
is turned off" is where all goes wrong...

java.net.SocketException: IPv4 mapped addresses usage is turned off.  Set
net.inet6.ip6.v6only=0 or use '-Djava.net.preferIPv4Stack=true' to
disable java IPv6 support, ObjectName: jboss:service=Naming
 state: FAILED

Is it because the IPv4 mapped address usage is turned off?
and how do I turn this on?

>From looking in the man pages I think I need to map a IPv6 address and
then use that prefix in my IPv4 add command??

Henry