javavmwrapper messes up amavisd-new

Jiawei Ye leafy7382 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 6 05:05:16 PST 2004

On Mon, 6 Dec 2004 12:38:03 +0100, Herve Quiroz
<herve.quiroz at esil.univ-mrs.fr> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have yet to install and experience the error you reported, but I just
> can't find javavmwrapper nor any JDK amongst the dependencies of
> security-amavisd-new:
> Hence, before I start to investigate on this issue, could you please
> report any additional setting in your configuration that makes amavisd
> run with Java.
>
> OTOH, it could just be due to some missing dependency in some of the
> ports listed here (or even in amavisd).
>
> Herve
They are erh....not related at all, which was why it took me about 2
hrs to figure out why my amavisd-new b0rked. Java is not a dependancy
of amavisd-new nor vice versa. I just happen to use both of them. The
only java-related portion in amavisd is where it needs to figure out
the mime-type of a multipart mail. Other than that, I have no clue why
javavmwrapper clobbers amavisd-new.

Let me know what else I can provide you with.

Jiawei

--
"Without the userland, the kernel is useless."
               --inspired by The Tao of Programming