JDK 1.3.1p8 problem report

Ernst de Haan znerd at FreeBSD.org
Wed Apr 23 00:01:41 PDT 2003

> At least, CatchXSL 1.2.1/jdk1.3.1p8 on my FreeBSD-4.8-STABLE box shows
> splash screen up, and then the application's main window appears too.
> I can interact with its menu bars.

Hmm, you got further than I did.

> Which distribution did you use?
> - catchXSL1.2.1.zip
> - catchXSL1.2.1_saxon.zip
> - catchXSL1.2.1_xalan.zip

catchXSL1.2.1.zip
Using Xerces/J 2.2.0, Xalan 2.4.1

> How do you invoke it?
> - How your environment variables are defined?

CLASSPATH cleared.

$ set | grep J
JAVA_COMPILER=NONE
JAVA_HOME=/usr/local/jdk1.3.1

> What options did you specify when you build jdk1.3.1p8?

No specific options.

$ cat /etc/make.conf
CPUTYPE=                i686
XFREE86_VERSION=        4
SUP_UPDATE=     yes
SUP=            /usr/local/bin/cvsup
SUPFLAGS=       -g -L 2
SUPHOST=        cvsup.nl.FreeBSD.org
SUPFILE=        /etc/src-supfile
PORTSSUPFILE=   /etc/ports-supfile
DOCSUPFILE=     /etc/doc-supfile
A4=yes

Part of my kernel config:

machine         i386
cpu             I686_CPU
ident           ZAPHOD
maxusers        0
makeoptions     DEBUG=-g
options         INET
options         USERCONFIG
options         VISUAL_USERCONFIG
options         KTRACE
options         SYSVSHM
options         SYSVMSG
options         SYSVSEM
options         P1003_1B
options         _KPOSIX_PRIORITY_SCHEDULING

> What version of jdk1.3.1p8 do you use?
> - jdk1.3.1p8 or jdk1.3.1p8_1?

$ pkg_info | grep ^jdk-1.3
jdk-1.3.1p8_1       Java Development Kit 1.3

> Is there any problem on your hardware, especially, are your DRAMs
> trouble free?

Yup. No problems whatsoever. My 'make world' went fine yesterday. I'm doing
a 'make kernel world' every 2 months or so.

> > I could send the core file if you like, but it's quite BIG. Around 94
> > MB, bzipped it's ~9 MB
>
> I don't want this ;-).

Can understand that. But I thought I might give it a try :)

Cheers,

Ernst