JDK 1.3.1p8 problem report

Fuyuhiko Maruyama fuyuhik8 at is.titech.ac.jp
Tue Apr 22 23:47:22 PDT 2003

On Wed, 23 Apr 2003 08:05:02 +0200, Ernst de Haan wrote:

> On Wednesday 23 April 2003 04:08, Fuyuhiko Maruyama wrote:
> > On Tue, 22 Apr 2003 11:26:27 +0200, Ernst de Haan wrote:
> > > FYI. Below is a problem report for JDK 1.3.1p8. I've got a core file if
> > > anyone is interested in debugging it. This happened when I started the
> > > startui script that comes with CatchXSL 1.2.1
> > > (http://www.xslprofiler.org)
> > >
> > > I'm running FreeBSD 4.8-RC, single-processor machine, no JIT.
> >
> > I couldn't reproduce your problem.  Is it happened just after
> > invocation of startui script or some operations are needed?
>
> Just after the invocation. I did see a splash screen, but that's it.
At least, CatchXSL 1.2.1/jdk1.3.1p8 on my FreeBSD-4.8-STABLE box shows
splash screen up, and then the application's main window appears too.
I can interact with its menu bars.

> > Anyway, more information needed.
>
> Like what?
Which distribution did you use?
- catchXSL1.2.1.zip
- catchXSL1.2.1_saxon.zip
- catchXSL1.2.1_xalan.zip

How do you invoke it?
- How your environment variables are defined?

What options did you specify when you build jdk1.3.1p8?

What version of jdk1.3.1p8 do you use?
- jdk1.3.1p8 or jdk1.3.1p8_1?

Is there any problem on your hardware, especially, are your DRAMs
trouble free?

> I could send the core file if you like, but it's quite BIG. Around 94 MB,
> bzipped it's ~9 MB
I don't want this ;-).

--
Fuyuhiko MARUYAMA <fuyuhik8 at is.titech.ac.jp>