Mutiple ipv4 and ipv6.

Peter Ankerstål peter at pean.org
Mon Nov 1 10:46:55 UTC 2010

Hi,

Im trying to configure a jail with mutiple ipv6 and ipv4-addresses. One ipv4-address and multiple ipv6
works fine but not multiple of both.

I tried a number of different configurations.
Having one ipv4 in
jail_jailid_ip=""
and all other adresses in
jail_jailid_ip_multi0=""

Having two ipv4 in
jail_jaildid_ip=""
and ipv6 i the other.

Having all adresses in jail_jailid_ip=""

Having one ipv4 in jail_jailid_ip=""
one ipv4 in jail_jailid_ip_multi0=""
and the ipv6-adresses in jail_jailid_ip_multi1=""

None of these configurations seems to work for me.
Some give me
Starting jails: cannot start jail "jailid":
.

and others:
Starting jails:/etc/rc.d/jail: WARNING: jail_extract_address: type not identified
/etc/rc.d/jail: WARNING: jail_extract_address: type not identified
 cannot start jail "jailid":
.

The machine running the jails is running FreeBSD 8.0
FreeBSD samurai 8.0-RELEASE FreeBSD 8.0-RELEASE #1: Tue Dec  1 16:10:08 CET 2009     peter at samurai:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC  amd64

--
Peter Ankerstål
peter at pean.org
http://www.pean.org/