experience with dell DRAC 4?

Brad Bendy brad at shockwebhost.com
Tue Mar 21 18:29:19 UTC 2006

IPMI ties into NIC #1, the IP is set in the BIOS of the server, not the DRAC.
Just make sure the IP is different then the IP that FreeBSD is using for the
NIC itself, otherwise you will have lots of issue.

I wrote this script so I can easily reboot/power cycle from my Blackberry with
MobileSSH...

#!/bin/sh
echo "Valid options are: status, cycle"
echo "Enter servername then command"
read servername command
/usr/local/bin/ipmitool -I lan -H $servername -U root -P mslkyocm chassis
power $command
exit 0

Then use something like:
remote_reboot <enter>
mysql01  cycle<enter>

and wa la, your machine is being power cycled, just rememebr that the
hostnames are in /etc/hosts for this to work.

Hope this helps
Brad

--
Thank You