strange ARP error message

Pavlos Georgiadis pavlos at arx.gr
Fri Mar 17 09:20:20 UTC 2006

Hello list,

There is a very strange arp error message in the messages log that says
"skafi kernel: arplookup IP_A failed: host is not on local network". The
strange thing is not the message it's self, but the fact that this
machine (the machine "skafi") has only one interface, with a private IP,
while the IP_A is a public IP address. I can't think why the ARP is
involved here, if a packet has the destination IP_A it should just go to
the router.

I have found that this error message appears in the messages when the
httpd is starting. :-/

Any ideas?

--
Pavlos Georgiadis