Mass SMS

Chuck Swiger cswiger at mac.com
Thu Jun 1 10:10:27 PDT 2006

Emre Bastuz wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I know that it is possible to configure BigBrother (http://bb4.org) in such a
> way.
>
> BB is basically a software to monitor the availability/reachability of IP
> addresses, services, processes, etc..
>
> In case of an outage you configure it to send a mail (maybe to tome mail2sms
> gateway?).

I would second the recommendation for BigBrother, although they have been
drifting away from being a completely open license to being more commercial
and your circumstances might require you to buy a copy...

Nessus might be another choice, although I don't know how to make nessus do
SMS-oriented messages, whereas BB generates simple messages to SMS and has the
web page with more complete info.

--
-Chuck