FreeBSD as Server

Alexander shulik_freebsd at matrixhome.net
Sat Jan 14 07:59:58 PST 2006

I think, that ipfw is native for FreeBSD - it works better than other
packet filters. Am I right?
With ng_nat first trouble was in parameter of mpd - there is set bundle
enable compression. Second trouble is next:
in example I got next strings:
ipfw add 300 netgraph.... any to any....
ipfw add 400 netgraph.... any to any.....

In hook netgraph "out" I send only traffic from clients (in example was
all traffic). In hook "in" I send all traffic from external interface.
But I took a problem with network on server.
ping works fine
mtr doesn't work
telnet <any host> <any port> don't work. But why?
When traffic that not be NATed in ng_nat was sent in hook "in" - it must
simply out from it? Or no? Where is trouble?