FreeBSD as Server

Brian Candler B.Candler at pobox.com
Sat Jan 14 05:14:32 PST 2006

On Fri, Jan 13, 2006 at 03:50:00PM +0200, Alexander wrote:
> Now I try to configure ng_nat. I use example from man ng_nat. Clients
> machine can ping inet hosts, but nothing loaded by http or ftp or other
> tcp protocol. On server packet NATed by not real ip. On other server
> under Linux this packet again NATed by real ip. What can I do with this?

Probably easier to use one of the other firewalling techniques to do NAT
rather than manually configure ng_nat.

Your other options are:
- ipfw + natd (old and venerable)
- ipf
- pf

My personal favourite is pf (which came from OpenBSD). Configuring NAT is
just one line in /etc/pf.conf.

Regards,

Brian.