Network Monitoring

David Raistrick drais at atlasta.net
Wed Jan 4 07:31:39 PST 2006

On Wed, 4 Jan 2006, Jon Otterholm wrote:

> What monitor system should I choose to monitor servers, routers and
> switches? It must be able to send alarms via SMS - i have a

In addition to the long list of usual suspects, I've recently been looking
at this one:

http://www.zabbix.com/index.php

Look promising.  The person who refered me to it said it's easier to work
with than nagios (esp. when it comes to training junior staff to maintain
it).  I'll probably be firing it up in a few days.

Here's someones older list.  Note that Nagios was formerly known as
NetSaint.
http://www.itprc.com/nms.htm

---
david raistrick        http://www.netmeister.org/news/learn2quote.html