Backup solutions

Jeff at NorrisTechs jeff at norristechs.net
Wed Nov 16 15:38:15 PST 2005

I use a method you describe.  tar gz all  my files and directories then
push them to a removable hard drive (jaz, zip, etc).  I use a simple
shell script to do all this for me and I rotate the media each day, so I
have at least 3 copies of everything.  This process would take much hard
drive space to accomplish as you have the original file, then the tar.gz
version of the same files.

Cheers

*/Jeff Norris/*
/~ Web Hosting ~ VPN Solutions ~ Network Management ~
Design, deploy, kick ass. /
*N*orris*Techs* dot net
http://www.norristechs.net
*AOL IM or Yahoo IM: _ ntshelper _*