Backup solutions

mike at lanline.com mike at lanline.com
Wed Nov 16 15:28:31 PST 2005

Hi all,

	I'm looking into several backup options for my site.  We have a
mixed (BSDI/FreeBSD/Linux) environment.  We recently got a 2TB server and
I was wondering what the general consensus was on backups.  I was either
considering writing some custom scripts to just tar, zip, and dump data
to the remote file system or possibly using bacula.  Amanda is out,
because I'm not really interested in pushing the stuff to tape.
	So, I'm pretty much down to bacula and the standard unix tools.
Bacula looks cool, but it seems like it maybe unnecessarily complicated
and bulky (btw, i also do have a few w2k servers that can be backed using
bacula's client :( ).  Anyone with a similar situation or experience with
bacula?

Thanks in advance.

-Mike