Using PXE to install FreeBSD 6.0 - wrong kernel path and ip

Emre Bastuz info at emre.de
Thu Nov 10 04:59:31 PST 2005

Hi Artyom,

Zitat von Artyom Viklenko <artem at aws-net.org.ua>:
> Do you use dhcp server in VMWare? You can disable it.
thanks for the hint.

I have checked the VMWare settings and saw that the virtual adapter I use is not
part of the VMWare-DHCP configuration (I use the bridged adapter which is
excluded from using the WMWare´s own DHCP service).

I´m pretty sure this is no vmware issue as I can see the request from the client
on the FreeBSD DHCP/TFTP/NFS server. The PXE part makes a second DHCP request
and does not get the expected answer and defaults to some strange value where
to find the kernel ("/pxeroot").

The main question is, why does it not accept what I´ve entered in the dhcpd.conf
("option root-path "192.168.2.38:/usr/local/export/pxe") and takes "/pexroot"
instead?

Cheers,

Emre

--
http://www.emre.de                        UIN: 561260
PGP Key ID: 0xAFAC77FD

I don't see why some people even HAVE cars. -- Calvin