option 82 on isc dhcp

Dan Ross dan.ross at hamiltontel.com
Tue Jun 28 16:49:18 GMT 2005

lease-file-name "/var/db/dhcpd.leases";
ddns-update-style none;
authoritative;
option agent.circuit-id 2 ;
default-lease-time 3100;        # 51 minutes.
max-lease-time 604800;          # 1 week

subnet 10.10.10.0 netmask 255.255.255.0 {
        option routers 10.10.10.1;
        option subnet-mask 255.255.255.0;
        option broadcast-address 10.10.10.255;

        # The latest input from layer-9 required us to shift the dynamic
        # range from the top half of the subnet down to the bottom half.
        # This pool clause will elicit NAKs for the old leases while the
        # clients migrate.  Remember to remove this once they've all booted
        # once or expired.
        pool {
                range 10.10.10.12 10.10.10.127;
}
if exists agent.circuit-id
{
        log ( info, concat( "Lease for ", binary-to-ascii (10, 8, ".",
leased-ad
dress), " is connected to interface ",
        binary-to-ascii (10, 8, "/", suffix ( option agent.circuit-id,
2)), " (a
dd 1 to port number!), VLAN ",
        binary-to-ascii (10, 16, "", substring( option agent.circuit-id,
2, 2)),
  " on switch ",
        binary-to-ascii(16, 8, ":", substring( option agent.remote-id,
2, 6))));

        log ( info, concat( "Lease for ", binary-to-ascii (10, 8, ".",
leased-ad
dress),
        " raw option-82 info is CID: ", binary-to-ascii (10, 8, ".",
option agen
t.circuit-id), " AID: ",
        binary-to-ascii(16, 8, ".", option agent.remote-id)));