option 82 on isc dhcp

Eric Anderson anderson at centtech.com
Tue Jun 28 11:58:31 GMT 2005

Dan Ross wrote:
> Hello;
> I am trying to configure my freebsd ISC dhcp server to support and log
> option 82 requests.  Can anybody direct me to a how to page or even
> maybe render some assistance if they have done this before?

I don't know all the details, but maybe these snippets and links can
help you:

agent.circuit-id is also known as option 82

http://www.archivum.info/dhcp-server%40isc.org/2005-02/msg00026.html
http://www.archivum.info/dhcp-server%40isc.org/2005-06/msg00142.html

man dhcp-options
man dhcp-eval

http://www.faqs.org/rfcs/rfc3046.html

dhcpd.conf hints:
Top of dhcpd.conf (you may have to do this, you may not):
option agent.circuit-id code 82 = string;  # is it a string?

That's all I could conjure up..

Eric