Need help

David J. Orman david.orman at corenode.com
Wed Aug 10 19:34:45 GMT 2005

Hi,

  Working on a project that is going to require some pretty nifty
setups. I'm not too familiar with things on this scale so I need some
input, if at all possible.

I'm looking at setting up thousands of accounts, across multiple
servers. Most will require: email and webhosting. Some database
accounts, but not nearly as many as email/hosting.

Well, I need a solution that would allow me to create users in some
centralized location, and have the servers access that. It would start
off as just two servers, one for mail one for web, and then maybe
another server for whatever method the user accounts are stored/used.

So, pretty much, virtual accounts on the servers for both mail/web. I
really don't know how to go about this, any suggestions would be
welcomed! I looked at CPanel and H-Sphere and DirectAdmin and etc, but
it's not for me.

Cheers,
David