BGP4 using FreeBSD

Kurt Jaeger lists at complx.LF.net
Sat Jan 24 13:50:22 PST 2004

Hi!

> When building your router be sure not to use hard drives, but get an
> IDE-to-CF adapter and use CompactFlash cards. Less moving parts = better
> when you're talking about a router.

We have and had SCSI disks in our freebsd based core routers
(core.LF.net, core3.LF.net, core.oberon.net) since 1996.

Disks were never the relevant topic. Basically, those systems
just worked. Yes, they need a little hand-holding, but not because
of the disks.

--
MfG/Best regards, Kurt Jaeger                                  16 years to go !
LF.net GmbH        fon +49 711 90074-23  pi at LF.net