LoadBalancer With FreeBSD

Kahlil Erwin S. Talledo kstalledo at gmail.com
Mon Dec 27 17:53:22 PST 2004

Vahric,

Altq or Pf may be your next best friend.

altq: http://daemon.rofug.ro/projects/freebsd-altq/
pf: http://www.openbsd.org/faq/pf/

though Pf is native to OpenBSD... it has been ported to FreeBSD already.

i hope this helps.

Regards

On Mon, 27 Dec 2004 19:31:33 -0600, Eric Anderson <anderson at centtech.com> wrote:
> Vahric MUHTARYAN wrote:
> > Hi Everybody ,
> >
> >             Do you know any load balancer program for FreeBSD like linux LVS
> > . I checked ports and find out morebalance-0.3 and loadd-0.8 ?! Anybody use
> > those programs?!
> > I want make a load balance on my frontend servers ?!
> > Could you give me advise about using hardware-load-balancer or
> > software-load-balancer ?!
> > And I wonder How many connection can handle FreeBSD box ?! Because hardware
> > load-balancer can up to 2.000.000 connection per box. I think that with PIII
> > and 512 machine I can handle ?!
>
> This might be better suited to the freebsd-performance lists, however I
> suppose this is as good of an audience as that.
>
> What kind of connections?
>
> When you say load balancer, do you mean true load balancing, or load
> distribution?
>
> Eric
>
> --

# K a h l i l   E r w i n   S .   T a l l e d o
# Systems/Network Manager
# Riverside Medical Center, Inc.
#
# (P)   BS Aquino Drive, Bacolod City 6100, PH
# (T)   63.34.4337331.3131
# (M)   63.916.9247437
# (Y!)  kinuxxx at yahoo.com
# (MSN) kahliltalledo at hotmail.com