Daily/weekly/monthly output aggregation

Marty Landman MLandman at face2interface.com
Mon Nov 17 13:36:15 PST 2003

At 04:09 PM 11/17/2003, Damian Gerow wrote:

>The report generator would be run via a cron job.  The idea at this point is
>to:
>
>     - make sure all currently active servers have checked in, with the
>       appropriate reports
>     - detect any new servers that checked in
>     - do, essentially, a diff against today and yesterday for each host
>       (also do a diff against today and last week, when necessary)
>     - if no changes, pring a 'Host OK' status
>     - otherwise, print a line for every change.
>
>The output of this would be one e-mail, that would be sent out however you
>want it to be sent out.

Since I'm not an experienced sysadmin yet (have installed fbsd a week ago
Saturday ready to configure for development work) I don't know why you'd
need anything more than Mikolaj Rydzewski's posted script. Albeit your
design appears more of a how to deal with the expected issues....

Marty Landman   Face 2 Interface Inc 845-679-9387
Sign On Required: Web membership software for your site