Daily/weekly/monthly output aggregation

Damian Gerow damian at sentex.net
Mon Nov 17 13:49:55 PST 2003

Thus spake Marty Landman (MLandman at face2interface.com) [17/11/03 16:36]:
> Since I'm not an experienced sysadmin yet (have installed fbsd a week ago
> Saturday ready to configure for development work) I don't know why you'd
> need anything more than Mikolaj Rydzewski's posted script. Albeit your
> design appears more of a how to deal with the expected issues....

There's a difference between the system output, and your own script outputs.
I can read my own script outputs just fine, and generally write the scripts
to produce as little output as possible, but I don't want to have to patch
every single system we've got to re-write how the system periodic scripts
are run.