POP3 Server Recomendation?

Troy Settle troy at psknet.com
Thu May 29 12:44:46 PDT 2003

Kenny,

>From the comment regarding timeouts and lockfiles, I'd guess that you're
delivering mail to mbox files.  Have you considered switching to Maildir
delivery?  Tpop can do this natively and will likely perform much better
than it is now.  Timeouts may still occur on large messages, but the
locking issues will go away immediately.

FWIW, I've been very happy with Courier-IMAP, which includes a POP3
server.  Authentication from MySQL is trivial to set up (there's a
config that you can define your own query to return the necessary
authentication information).

G'luck,

--
  Troy Settle