POP3 Server Recomendation?

Kenny Freeman kennyf at pchg.net
Thu May 29 12:21:20 PDT 2003

Hello, I'm new to this list so I'm not sure if this has been asked many times
before or is even the correct list to ask. I'm wondering if anyone here can
share their experiences with POP3 servers - good and bad. I'm currently
running tpop3d using mysql authentication. I had to hack the source a little
to get the mysql auth to work properly, plus I'm getting timeouts and stale
lock files more often than I would like. Any suggestions on a better pop3
daemon? I'm not nec. looking for mysql auth support, as I can use cron
scripts to generate whatever authentication format is required/supported. I
just want something that doesn't timeout, handles large attachments with ease
and doesn't leave stale lock files lying around.

-Kenny