Problem with FreeBSD 6.2 and isdn4bsd now don't call

Hans Petter Selasky hselasky at c2i.net
Mon Jan 21 08:38:54 PST 2008

On Monday 21 January 2008, kabede84 wrote:
> Hello,
>
> now with the contribute of HPS my modem isdn usb are recognized, but don't
> call.
>
> When i attach it the light "power" go up an my dmesg see /dev/ihfc63.X.
> into /dev I have 3 device: ihfc63.0 ihfc63.1 ihfc63.2 . When i run the
> daemon isdnd the light isdn go up, but don't call  (whit ppp dial), the
> light b1 and b2 are off.
> I have tried various configuration but i haven't any result.
> Then I have try with minicom.... when i start minicom with device ihfc63.0
> go up isdn light, ihfc63.1 go up the light b1, ihfc63.2 go up the light b2.
>
> Another suggestion? ( I am very boring!!)

Hi,

You need an entry like shown below in your /etc/isdn/isdnd.rc :

#=================================================================
# User-ppp example
#=================================================================
entry
name                    = userppp0
usrdevicename           = rbch
usrdeviceunit           = 0
isdncontroller          = 63
isdnchannel             = -1
local-phone-incoming    = 1234567
remote-phone-incoming   = *
local-phone-dialout     = 1234567
remote-phone-dialout    = 1234567       # ppp(8) will override this
remdial-handling        = first
dialin-reaction         = ignore
dialout-type            = normal
b1protocol              = hdlc
idletime-incoming       = 0             # Should be larger than ppps timeout
idletime-outgoing       = 0             # Should be larger than ppps timeout
ratetype                = 0
unitlength              = 90
unitlengthsrc           = rate
dialretries             = 1
dialrandincr            = on
recoverytime            = 1             # Should be smaller than ppps redial
usedown                 = off
downtries               = 2
downtime                = 30

Hope that helps.