Trouble with FreeBSD to FreeBSD connection

Bernd Walter ticso at cicely12.cicely.de
Sat Dec 6 14:54:03 PST 2003

There are 2 FreeBSD Systems.
One (remote) is something about FreeBSD-4.8 and my site is a
-current system.
The remote site does a callback request via isp(4) and my system
does the correct response and calls back via isp(4).
IP Layer is correctly established and ping works.

An scp connection to remote side has lots of packet loss.
The problem looks like a broken congestion on my side.
tcpdump -i -I isp4 shows much more outgoing traffic than isdn is
cabable to send.
Also a ping -f has packet loss and a ping -f -s 2000 even blocks
my system for a few seconds regulary.

Another interesting point is the interrupt load on isic0 of about
40% with a 586 at 133MHz.

ticso at bwct.de                                  info at bwct.de