mime contents thru ipfw

Chuck Swiger cswiger at mac.com
Fri Sep 23 09:34:22 PDT 2005

Hugo Osorio wrote:
> gracias,
>
> our (172.24.33.0 <http://172.24.33.0>) LAN goes to internet through two
> proxies, the new proxy which is the one i am trying to set up, is in another
> network we have set routes to that LAN, (172.25.1.0 <http://172.25.1.0>)

OK.

> -is it inappropriate to put these address here? i hope not :s

No.  I was confused by the "<http://172.24.33.0>" strings, which someone said
may be something to do with gmail.com.

> in order to be protected, we have set a firewall in this way:
>
> LAN(172.24.33.0 <http://172.24.33.0>) --> SWITCH --> fw --> Router(
> 172.25.19.X) --> proxy(172.25.1.5 <http://172.25.1.5>)

OK.  You should start by testing access through the proxy server when logged
onto your firewall box.  If that doesn't work, debug your router or your
network routes.

> i have the other conf (using another proxy, another network) without the
> string 'http://' and it works, and transfer everything.
> and besides, using the new proxy, without the 'http://' string, it shows
> bytes activity in 'ipfw show', i mean i can enter sites.
>
> For using "open firewall ruleset" do you have any basic document?
>
> another hint or help, will be appreciated, thank you.

Look at /etc/rc.firewall and the "open" ruleset there.

See:

http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/firewalls.html
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/firewalls-ipfw.html

...which i!=uailable translated to other languages, also.

--
-Chuck