ipfw/dummynet pipe size, is there a burst setting?

Vincent Poy vince at oahu.WURLDLINK.NET
Wed Mar 3 14:06:45 PST 2004

Hello everyone:

	On FreeBSD with ipfw/dummynet for traffic shaping, one uses the
pipe with:

ipfw pipe 1 config bw size

to set the size of the pipe.  I noticed on Linux, they can set a burst
size so it can burst a x number over the pipe size, is there a similar
setting available?  Also, I noticed for pipes, one can set the queue size
in slots of KBytes, how does one determine what's a good size?

Cheers,
Vince - vince at WURLDLINK.NET - Vice President             ________   __ ____
Unix Networking Operations - FreeBSD-Real Unix for Free / / / / |  / |[__  ]
WurldLink Corporation                                  / / / /  | /  | __] ]
San Francisco - Honolulu - Hong Kong                  / / / / / |/ / | __] ]
HongKong Stars/Gravis UltraSound Mailing Lists Admin /_/_/_/_/|___/|_|[____]
Almighty1 at IRC - oahu.DAL.NET Hawaii's DALnet IRC Network Server Admin