I have four ideia for IPFW2

Diego Linke - GAMK linke at calnet.com.br
Tue Jul 15 08:00:11 PDT 2003

Hi,

> There is already room in the O_LOG command header so we do not need
> to modify ip_fw[2].h to add a field in the structure (helps with
> binary compatibility). In fact, this would allow different levels of
> verbosity in the logs.

I am sorry Luigi, but i not understand!

We have that to modify struct ipfw_insn_log, to pass one flag saying that one determined rule has log extended.

We add an variable for indentify extended logs per rule. See:

typedef struct  _ipfw_insn_log {
        ipfw_insn o;
        u_int32_t max_log;      /* how many do we log -- 0 = all */
        u_int32_t log_left;     /* how many left to log         */
        u_int32_t extended;      /* Extended logs */
} ipfw_insn_log;

I do not understand how make this without modify ip_fw.h file.

Do you have some idea ?

Thanks

--
[ Diego Linke - GAMK ]