Perl IPFW script

Max Laier max at love2party.net
Mon Dec 8 14:33:16 PST 2003

On Monday 08 December 2003 22:39, Steve Bertrand wrote:
> I have recently developed a perl FreeBSD script which works flawlessly
> when run at the command prompt, but does not run at startup. I have the
> standard entry for firewall_script="/path/scriptname" in /etc/rc.conf,
> but it won't load.
>
> Any suggestions?

AFAIR rc.d/ipfw does not require "mountall" which means that your /usr
partition isn't neccessarly mounted which will make your perlscript fail.

sourcing ${firewall_script} in ipfw should not cause problems.

$dmesg -a is a nice tool ;)

Best regards,				| max at love2party.net
Max Laier				| ICQ #67774661
http://pf4freebsd.love2party.net/	| mlaier at EFnet #DragonFlyBSD