HP ZX2000 How to Install 5.2.1?

Keith A. Howells d1c1ple at patmedia.net
Sat Mar 27 17:26:06 PST 2004

Hi all,

I'm not terribly familiar with EFI.  I currently have RedHat Enterprise
Linux 3 WS Update 1 installed on this workstation.  I've been playing with
5.2 / 5.2.1 in x86 hardware and am getting very interested in using versus
linux and would like to try to get it running.  Is there a howto with
specific steps to get 5.2.1 installation going?  I reviewed the installation
portion of the handbook and also picked up Greg Lehey 4th edition Complete
FreeBSD and they only refer to i386 based installations.  I also posted this
question on the freebsdforums.org freebsd installing, upgrading and releases
forum and have gotten no replies as of yet.

Any help is appreciated, I'm dying to get this running and see how well /
quickly the Itanium2 compiles apps from the ports collection.  Btw - I'm
loving xfce4 versus using Gnome or KDE, its light and fast!! Hopefully an
IA64 port is available.

Thanks again for any help.

Keith