boot installed freebsd

Josef El-Rayes josef at FreeBSD.org
Wed Aug 4 06:15:28 PDT 2004

Marcel Moolenaar <marcel at xcllnt.net>:
> Typically we put the contents of /boot on the EFI partition. That
> way the loader, kernel and configuration files are accessable under
> EFI. For this to work, we made /boot a symlink to where we actually
> want it. So, if you make the EFI partition mounted under /efi, then
> the installer will create a symlink /boot -> /efi/boot.
>
> However, there's currently a problem with the installer. It doesn't
> actually mount the EFI partition before installing, so all the /boot
> contents end up on the UFS root partition and not where we want it:
> the EFI partition. For now, use the CD to boot into FreeBSD and
> correct it by hand.

okay, i mounted the EFI partition as /efi in sysinstall/disklabel and
let it autocreate the rest. i used the disc2(livefilesystem) to mount
/dev/da0p2 to /mnt where i found a freebsd installation. there
i moved boot/ into efi/ and symlinked boot->efi/boot.

then i reboot the machine and go into the "Boot Options Maintaince"
menu, "Boot From a File", then i go into "EFIPART
[Acpi(HWP0002,100)/Pci(1|0)/Scsi(Pun0,Lun0)/HD(Part1,Sig"
there i find a 'boot' directory, but it is empty :/

i checked through the mailinglist archives, but i did not find a
solution there. any ideas?

greets, josef
--
Josef El-Rayes                   (__)