i386/98154: 6-STABLE crashes when being online via modem (Fujitsu Siemens Amilo A notebook)

Joe Vender jvender at owensboro.net
Mon Feb 12 00:20:13 UTC 2007

The following reply was made to PR i386/98154; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Joe Vender <jvender at owensboro.net>
To: bug-followup at freebsd.org,
 hm-gerhards at web.de
Subject: Re: i386/98154: 6-STABLE crashes when being online via modem (Fujitsu Siemens Amilo A notebook)
Date: Sun, 11 Feb 2007 18:05:37 -0600

 Well, I'm sorry to say that this suggested workaround didn't fix the
 spontaneous reboot issue for me, although I was able to spend several hours
 connected while using KPPP before problems. In the dialup session in which
 the problem had occurred, I'd been online for about an hour which was spent
 downloading latest ports snapshot via portsnap. I left the computer after
 about an hour of downloading, and when I returned a while later, there it sat
 staring at me with a login prompt. It had spontaneously rebooted! I was using
 KPPP when this happened, so also using pppd.

 Joe