i386/103664: kmem_map_too_small panic after about 7d uptime on 6.1-release

Ed Maste emaste at phaedrus.sandvine.ca
Tue Sep 26 14:40:28 PDT 2006

The following reply was made to PR i386/103664; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Ed Maste <emaste at phaedrus.sandvine.ca>
To: Igor Soumenkov <2igosha at gmail.com>
Cc: freebsd-gnats-submit at FreeBSD.org
Subject: Re: i386/103664: kmem_map_too_small panic after about 7d uptime on 6.1-release
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2006 17:37:50 -0400

 > I am running 6.1-RELEASE on a two-xeon machine with 2GB ram, acpi and HT disabled. The system is running the SMP kernel and each week it panics with "kmem_map too small" error.

 You can have a look at vmstat -m output over time, to see if one
 particular allocation type is constantly growing.  If that's the
 case it might suggest the location of a leak.  You can also run
 vmstat -m on a core file to examine the malloc statistics.