i386/73308: kevinxlinuz@126.com

kevin linuz kevinxlinuz at 126.com
Sat Oct 30 02:40:25 PDT 2004

>Number:         73308
>Category:       i386
>Synopsis:       kevinxlinuz at 126.com
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
>Environment:
FreeBSD kevin 5.2.1-RELEASE FreeBSD 5.2.1-RELEASE #2: Sat Oct 30 14:53:07 CST 2004     root at kevin:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/MYKERNEL  i386

Description of Problem:
when I installed system.I reboot it and get into system,run sysinstall
to add more ports.I login tty0,tty1.when I kldload my driver.The kernel
may stop and exit.If I push any key,it reboot

Actual Results:
I not record it.I just notic kernel page made a mistake,then it says
auto reboot in 15 sec.or push any key to continue. I pushed
but it print info like system halt
push any key to reboot or shut down power.
Expected Results:
nothing happen now,this time It happens agains.

How often does this happen?
It happened 3~4 times.

Additional Information:
My system is amd 2500+,nf2,Gf mx440,and harddriver is commen ATA
driver.used driver is NVIDIA_nforce-1.0-0261.tar.gz &
nvnet-src-20040520.tar.gz.
>How-To-Repeat:
Steps to reproduce the problem:
1. run two sysinstall proc in two termial.One install ports from
/home(which is dos),the linux_base_7.1_5 can't be installed
I retry it.When I working in another termial.the problem come.
2. I reinstall system to aviod this problem.but it fall.I notice
when I run top,i found fcsk_ufs is running.If fsck_ufs not stopped and
running sysinstall.The problem happened 100%
3. This time I del all freebsd and reinstall system.fsck_ufs not
appeared.I used sysinstall to add XF86 and Gnome,after that I keep
sysinstall run,I login tty1 to make driver for my nf mainboard,then
kldload if_nv.after I push Enter the problem happen.

>Fix:
in step1 I try some time,but best way to solve it is del all Freebsd and
reinstall
reboot and kldload If_nv again