i386/70832: Serious problems with RealTek NIC using re0 driver on Evo N1015v

Florian Klemenz fok at gmx.net
Sat Oct 30 07:00:48 PDT 2004

The following reply was made to PR i386/70832; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Florian Klemenz <fok at gmx.net>
To: freebsd-gnats-submit at FreeBSD.org, jojo at matfyz.cz
Subject: Re: i386/70832: Serious problems with RealTek NIC using re0 driver on Evo N1015v
Date: Sat, 30 Oct 2004 15:57:40 +0200

 I have exactly the same problems on my Compaq Evo N1015V using 5.3-RC1
 as Russell Jackson described (watchdog timeouts, loopback test
 failures).

 Interesting is that I had no problems doing a ftp installation from
 the three boot floppies using that NIC.
 What makes the floppy kernel different from GENERIC?

 I would suggest increasing severity and/or priority of this PR, since
 re(4) explicitly states to support "Compaq Evo N1015v Integrated
 Ethernet (8139C+)" which currently seems not to be the case.

 Florian Klemenz