i386/60344: Intel ICH5 SATA RAID boot problems on both -STABLE and -CURRENT

Jeremy Chadwick freebsd at jdc.parodius.com
Tue Feb 17 05:10:19 PST 2004

The following reply was made to PR i386/60344; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Jeremy Chadwick <freebsd at jdc.parodius.com>
To: freebsd-gnats-submit at FreeBSD.org, npaufler at incentre.net
Subject: Re: i386/60344: Intel ICH5 SATA RAID boot problems on both -STABLE and -CURRENT
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2004 05:08:14 -0800

 Good news -- it looks as if the Linux folks have a working driver
 for the ICH5R with RAID0 and RAID1 support.  The Linux patch in
 question is written by a bloke from Intel.

 If someone could please forward this follow-up over to Soren, I'd
 appreciate it.  I have a feeling this may help solve some of our
 problems, the biggest of which is why BTX is dying.

 http://www.ussg.iu.edu/hypermail/linux/kernel/0311.3/0222.html

 ftp://ftp.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/jgarzik/libata/

 Also: I have a lot of free time presently which could be used to
 assist in debugging this entire ordeal (re: BTX panic).

 It's also possible for me to provide a kernel/module developer
 with VNC access to a Windows XP box in my abode that is hooked
 to the SuperMicro 5013C-T box via serial console (BIOS-level),
 therefore debugging could be done remotely by a kernel-dev if
 necessary.

 --
 | Jeremy Chadwick                          koitsu at jdc.parodius.com |
 | Making life hard for others since 1977.                             |