i386/53203: "BTX halted" when attempting install of 5.1-RELEASE from CD-ROM on HP Proliant DL360 G3

David Landgren david at landgren.net
Mon Jun 23 08:50:19 PDT 2003

The following reply was made to PR i386/53203; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: David Landgren <david at landgren.net>
To: freebsd-gnats-submit at FreeBSD.org, david at landgren.net
Subject: Re: i386/53203: "BTX halted" when attempting install of 5.1-RELEASE
 from CD-ROM on HP Proliant DL360 G3
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2003 17:38:37 +0200

 Fixed.

 It was a firmware problem.

 Here's what to do. Boot the PC, and press F9 at the appropriate moment
 to run the BIOS configuration program. Under the section "Advanced
 Options", change "Virtual install disk" from enabled to disabled.

 Reboot, and the kernel boots correctly from cD-ROM. (As it turns out I
 booted off a 4.8 iso, because that is what I had handy. I assume that
 it would work correctly for 5.1 too).

 David Landgren