conf/137870: [locale] en_DK needed

Edwin Groothuis edwin at mavetju.org
Wed Aug 19 12:30:03 UTC 2009

The following reply was made to PR conf/137870; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Edwin Groothuis <edwin at mavetju.org>
To: freebsd-i18n at FreeBSD.org, bug-followup at freebsd.org
Cc: "J. R. Oldroyd" <fbsd at opal.com>
Subject: Re: conf/137870: [locale] en_DK needed
Date: Wed, 19 Aug 2009 22:23:37 +1000

 > I think the locale name en_ISOdate or even en_UK.isodate and
 > en_US.isodate or something along those lines would be more suitable.

 The optional part behind the country is reserved for the font family.
 Latn or Cyrl etc.

 What you are more looking at is a unused language string (like "xx"
 to make it "xx_DK") which has the right definitions in it.

 I don't think that the right place for this non-standard thing is
 in the base system, a port would be a much cleaner solution.

 Edwin

 --
 Edwin Groothuis		Website: http://www.mavetju.org/
 edwin at mavetju.org	Weblog:  http://www.mavetju.org/weblog/