It's time for 5.1-R bits

Makoto Matsushita matusita at jp.FreeBSD.org
Sun Jun 8 20:33:18 PDT 2003

scottl> I'm ll in favor of unifying the names.  There is concern that
scottl> changing the names on the directories will cause the directory
scottl> contents to be re-rsynced, however.  Can some other mirror
scottl> operators comment on this?  With less than 11 hours before we
scottl> announce, I hate to upset things.

Here's my proposals:

* Apply temporary fix: 'symlink from ISO-IMAGES/5.1-RELEASE to
  ISO-IMAGES/5.1' immediately.
* Some weeks later (4 or 6 weeks would be better), remove the symlink
  bandaid then rename the directory.
* Have a meeting between release engineering teams, understands that
  we have a unified rules for directory names, but we did the mistakes
  again (remember 5.0-RELEASE).

-- -
Makoto `MAR' Matsushita