It's time for 5.1-R bits

jason andrade jason at rtfmconsult.com
Sun Jun 8 20:31:18 PDT 2003

On Sun, 8 Jun 2003, Scott Long wrote:

> I'm ll in favor of unifying the names.  There is concern that changing the
> names on the directories will cause the directory contents to be re-rsynced,
> however.  Can some other mirror operators comment on this?  With less
> than 11 hours before we announce, I hate to upset things.

i think the total resync would only be ~600Mbytes ?  which to me is acceptable.

the more so if you post saying you are doing it and give mirror admins a chance
to manually change directory names before you make the change - maybe an hour?
the longer it is delayed, the more mirrors will have started fetching it..

it is a a simple mv command after all right ?  nothing too onerous.

regards,

-jason