freebsd-8 support for dell R710 SATA raid-0

Varan Okul varanokul at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 30 17:50:04 UTC 2010

Hi,

I suggest you try these scenario first.

1st - At RAID controller BIOS.

     Create 1 small logical drive for FreeBSD installation.

     The rest space from RAID0, just create 2TB for each logical drive.

2nd - Boot with FreeBSD installation CD/DVD

     Lets see FreeBSD bootable CD/DVD can see the small logical drive created, or not?

If this not work, may be the RAID controller is too new for this FreeBSD version.

The CD/DVD doesn't have driver for it inside.
You may need to change to older RAID controller, or move to newer FreeBSD version.

Best Regards

Varan.