Is anyone using a Dell Inspiron 1764?

doug doug at fledge.watson.org
Thu Feb 11 00:53:03 UTC 2010

I have installed FreeBSD 8.0, amd 64. I have one problem Xorg, and a couple of
questions.

Xorg: Will 7.4_2 support 1600x900 resolution. And what are good hsync and vsync
       values? I can include Xorg.0.log and/or xorg.conf values if anyone has an
       ideas.

Disk Geometry: I selected CHS=38913/255/63 (which I got from a windows utility)
       but get the following warnings at boot-up [anyway]:

         GEOM: ad4: partition 3 does not end on a track boundary.
         GEOM: ad4: partition 2 does not start on a track boundary.
                        :
         GEOM: ad4: partition 1 does not end on a track boundary.
                        :
         GEOM: ad4s4: geometry does not match label (255h,63s != 16h,63s)

      Is this a problem? I see no related issues.

The wireless card is not recognized. It seems to be a: Dell Wireless 1520
Wireless-N Mini-Card (according to winders).

Thank you for any ideas.