Would a Transcend USB Flash Module of 2GB work?

Alwin Roosen alwin.roosen at webline.be
Wed Jun 25 13:47:35 UTC 2008

Hi Jeremy,

Thank you for all the information!

The purpose of this is to build a very simple DNS server which is
controlled by some PHP command line scripting. It won't do much writing
at all since it loads all DNS information from a separate
database-server. Therefore I thought a very simple server without moving
parts like unreliable disks would be the perfect match. I could make a
copy of that dongle in case it ever breaks and be assured it would run
for years and years.

I have been reading the FreeBSD tutorial
(http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en/articles/solid-state/index.html), which
looks not too complicated to achieve.

After reading your response, I will definitely buy a SSD instead of a
USB dongle.

Alwin Roosen