ATHEROS AR8012 10/100 Mbps PHY

Pyun YongHyeon pyunyh at gmail.com
Sat Jun 7 03:06:31 UTC 2008

On Fri, Jun 06, 2008 at 08:50:51AM +0200, Christian Brueffer wrote:
 > On Thu, Jun 05, 2008 at 07:04:55PM +0200, Aymeric MUNTZ wrote:
 > > Hi guys,
 > >

 > > I got a FBSD 5.4 box which I have to change the motherboard.
 > >
 > > It seams that it doesn't recognize the ATHEROS AR8012 10/100 Mbps PHY

age(4) supports L1 Gigabit ethernet. It seems that your hardware
might be Attansic/Atheros L2 fast ethernet which is not yet
supported by FreeBSD. Supporting L2 wouldn't be hard as both
OpenBSD/NetBSD already have a driver, lii(4). I don't have a L2
hardware so porting/writing a L2 driver is beyond scope of my
ability.

As Christian Brueffer said, knowing the output of pciconf -lvc
would be big help to identify which hardware you've got.

--
Regards,
Pyun YongHyeon